I'm sorry your dealing with this, and the ignorant psych...( there are TONS of them out there...I often wonder if the person they label the school counselor here even WENT to school )

I've heard it all about DS8 too, and finally after beating my head for the last several years after leaving a fabulous school ( no choice - military ) we are leaving the B&M schools for virtual school, and I think once we get our feet wet in that after a year will probably go to completely homeschooling without aid, or the private option in the virtual world. My son helped us decide that he would suffer through the rest of this year (4th gr) to make it easier for planning and then close that chapter of B&M schooling where they refuse to make accomodations just because hes " sort of smart " as they put it. Its not optimal to deal with for a few more months but it lets us start in the fall with a clean slate after a few months of freedom in the summer. Then he will be able to learn at any pace he wants without them stepping on him every step of the way to do it " their way or no way ".

Deep breaths. Fighting for what your DD deserves isn't easy but its the right thing to do. I too will never understand why they are so threatened by grade skips, possible social issues etc...what does it matter to them if the parents and child are ready to deal with it...Seems more like a control issue to me!