oh, for this visit, I wasn't in there trying to get an IEP, I was just trying to get her moved to a more appropriate grade level with the right amount of challenge for her.

My comment about being gifted and having learning disablilities was more just me being pissed off because she was so wrong! Even Chops said "and this woman has a degree?"

I still just don't understand. I say "The standard is too low", They say "We have to make the standard apprpropriate for the average student". I point out how "unaverage" my child is. They say that I can "enrich" her at home, all I want. I'm still not understanding how this is actually a good idea. She already has problems doing this level of work because she already has more knowledge, deeper understanding, "gets it" faster than the average kid. We don't seem to have gotten a GT level cirrculum (which she does qualify for based on the District's own test), so I'm asking that she be moved up to the next grade.

I don't understand why it matters to anyone else what grade my kid is in. I just want her to get an actual appropriate level of work...like, they say if she finishes the 3rd grade math, they won't give me the 4th grade. I guess I could go buy my own, but why should I have to when they have it there. And why should I move her to that when they will put her in 4th next year and she would essentially have to do it over?

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...