Originally Posted by knute974
First of all, I know that this is only one test but it is not the first indication we've had that she's a little out there. Still, I'm finding that I have mixed feelings about her results. I guess I was holding out for just a MG really high achiever. Yes, I'm happy that she performed well and this indicates that she probably has the smarts to do what she wants to do if she applies herself. I think I knew that already anyway. I'm just struggling with my own baggage and knowing how many extra challenges lie before her. Has anyone else felt this way?

Yes. Very similar feelings here based on last year's Explore results. Dd11 took the WISC last Saturday and I am driving myself crazy waiting for the results. She doesn't appear to have any LDs, and from what the psych said she will certainly qualify for gifted services at her new school. So why do I care so much about the LOG? Either I have been guilty of totally underestimating her, and am going to have to be "that parent" (which if my kid needs it I really don't care about being "that parent" and I figure it would be good practice for dd4 who is more complicated) or she is a MG high achiever and it won't be that difficult to meet her needs in the regular gifted program...yes I guess the baggage thing is an issue fo me too. She is the same fabulous kid no matter what--but I will be glad to at least have more of an indication of just what we are dealing with. So, ummm...yes, mixed feelings all around.