Our kindergarten screening was just that- a screening. It is meant to look for problems that the district will have to address and that's about it. DS flew through it and scored at the top of the range for the 5-7 year old 'test' (he did his at 5yo) and that was without answering some of the questions that he obviously knew because he felt "shy".

You'll get different answers about what to tell who and when. Personally, I started researching the school in the area when DS was 3. Ask the questions that are important to you. My main concern was "What options do you have to engage a child who is coming in 2-3 years or more beyond the curriculum?" A pretty simple question that got a huge variety of answers and started a number of really good discussions.

Our school had already scheduled before school conferences but if they didn't I would not have hesitated to ask to speak with the teacher anyway. I know a lot of people will say that its best to let the teachers find out for themselves but I just didn't feel like this would work for DS for a number of reasons. Ask for what you need and you might get at least some of it. Sit back and wait and you might get lucky or you might just end up waiting.

Good luck and just do the best with what you have and try not to stress too much about it (I know easier said than done).