I wanted to post here because I feel we are a semidecent success story right now, at least in terms of school. DD, who tested MG but appears more HG, transferred from a small charter with a seemingly high # of bright kids to a gifted magnet school. Though some things could be better, DD is clearly much more stimulated. The school uses a project-based curriculum that really allows kids to go deep into the subjects. There are also a lot of excellent guest speakers and field trips on topics of great interest to the kids. Science is strong, with an on-site lab. She did a compacted math curriculum and is now working through a curriculum for the next grade up. Interestingly, the teacher seems to be doing almost no "reading" instruction other than providing a lot of time for free reading. I was skeptical of this at first, but it no longer bothers me. Her teacher and the librarian seem to be doing a decent job of keeping her in books that are somewhere around right. The downside is that there is too much homework, but when I ask DD how her day was, her answer is always "Great!" This was definitely not the case at her old school. She also appears much more socially connected and happy.