Okay, this is my first posting so bare with me.

My DD8, has had a full WISC IV with all the ability tests. Have those reports but she sat the COGAT earlier this year. We do not have those reports yet.

She absolutly loved school until now. I am not sure what has happened. She has a perfectionist attitude with everything she does. Everything she tries she does very well. But my DD has no friends at school, she sits alone and reads durring lunch. She thought she found a friend at the beginning of this year but that just fizzled out.

Anyway, she came to me about 2 weeks ago asking if there was any way we could find her a program where she could just get through school so she could get into college. She said she could get through that and get on with "being with her family".

I shrugged it off for a few days and then she asked about doing extra work to help her advance. So with that I figured she is serious about this so I started looking into it. I found EPGY so I let her test on their site. She did extreamly well 87th percentile.

That was a week ago and I have promised her we would let her take math with EPGY. But tonight she came to me and told me that there are 101 days left of school on Monday, then she told my how many days till spring break, then how many days till summer break. Pretty soon she was in tears.

When I ask her what is wrong, she said "Nothing" or "I'm fine", (she always does that) and was very hesitant in telling me that she just doesn't want to go to school anymore.

I am not sure if I should advacate to skip her ahead, because I really don't know what all is involved and I don't have a cogat, and I am not sure that is the real problem. She always loved school in the past. But now she would rather get a shot than go there. She swears its not anyone mistreating her, she tells me that the kids are nice enough, but she absolutly hates it.

What should I do? I feel that if I don't do something soon, we will both end up regretting it. HELP!

Any advice would be welcomed!

-Albionkids

Thanks for reading, and taking the time to respond!
-Albionkids