Hi Grinity,

I'm so glad you commented. I was hoping you would, as you were so helpful with my dd last year, who we were really struggling with! I'd be interested in what kind of testing you would recommend and who with - neuropsych? Also, what visual problems do you think may possibly be going on? DS does have heaps of dyslexia flags besides the obvious symptoms - left handed sister, heaps of ear infections/perforated ear drum on several occasions/failed hearing tests as a baby etc., ambidextrous until forced to pick a dominant hand at 6...

DS does have friends, he's actually very popular as he's extremely witty but also extremely empathetic - however, his interests and dress sense are starting to make him stand out as they are a little quirky now! Hopefully his sense of humour will continue to carry him through. There were some bullying issues this time last year and he tried to 'reason' with the bullies for a few months, apparently, before finally losing the plot and giving two of them a whack in the school playground! Thankfully the school said it was so out of character that no real discipline was enforced as DS was already crying because of what he had done! The bullies never bothered him again though smile. Academically, he gets quite upset that his teacher makes him redo written work - this is because he is so inconsistent and can range between a B and D grade. If he's having a bad day it's perceived that he's not trying, but he can come home very upset sometimes.

I'd be super grateful for any more advice you could throw my way! Hope you're well smile

K x

'I want, by understanding myself, to understand others.'
K Mansfield