Thanks Cricket2 smile

I'm not really sure where to go from here. We had the assessment done about a month ago but haven't approached the school to arrange a meeting yet. It was hard enough getting accommodations for dd and she was pretty in your face gifted (but suffered from depression and anxiety due to such a bad fit for so long). After a grade skip they pretty much fudged her school report ( a 'C' in science for a kid who was looking at DNA, the difference between viral and bacterial infections, taught herself about prokaryotes and eukaryotes (sp?) from a medical book she found, and knows the different systems of the body inside out and more besides) - they figured if her report card didn't show straight As they didn't have to do anything, which they made very clear at a parent/teacher conference (they also refused to test her and we had to do it privately) - so we p/t home school now and have moved her. DS is still there, until funds permit a shift to Montessori where things are improved but not perfect. I requested a dyslexia assessment a year ago for ds, and on a few other occasions, but the school refused this also. I really don't know what to ask them to do, but need him to last the year out if possible. This year he'll be in the upper year of a dual split class (grade 2/3), so if it's due to bad fit I'm guessing it's only going to get worse. Where are you at with your dd now - what has worked and what hasn't - at school and at home? Any advice would be very welcome. I've just getting to grips with dd, and now need to sort ds frown.
Thanks again for your post!
K

'I want, by understanding myself, to understand others.'
K Mansfield