I have a meeting for DS9 (soon to be DS10) next week. I'll be meeting with his teacher, math teacher and principal. The purpose of the meeting is just to see how things are going here at the mid-year point. This is his first year with an IEP for gifted, dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADHD.

We spent the first semester building back his confidence after a disaster of a 3rd grade year (where his teacher counted everything wrong if it was mispelled or not written in a complete sentence....you can imagined what this did to my poor child with undiagnosed dyslexia and dysgraphia).

Anyway, with appropriate accomodiations, he has 98s and 99s across the board, with the exception of language arts (where he has a low B). He is already in the gifted pull-outs and in a special math class for the top 10 students in his grade.

Although first semester went well, he is growing more and more bored with school. He appears to have very little internal motivation. He obviously needs more challenge. I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas for acceleration that I can suggest to his teachers/principal. The school has a crazy schedule, so it won't be possible for him to go to the grade up for part of the day. Also, enrichment at home isn't an option...he is already in therapy or tutoring for his dyslexia/dysgraphia most afternoons. I hate to add anything else to his schedule in the evenings.

Last edited by perplexed; 01/13/12 07:29 AM.