Originally Posted by JonLaw
Originally Posted by Beckee
Confession: I was a PG slob in 6th grade, and now I'm a PG slob in my mid-forties who relies on 6th graders to help keep my classroom organized. But I do take daily showers and brush my teeth now, and have for many years. My kitchen, on the other hand...

I'm basically completely disorganized, but I'm completely clean. My house and office may be disorganized to the point where I don't know where anything is, but I have an extreme dislike for being dirty, and getting dirty (in activities such as gardening and yard work), and being uncomfortable.

So, in my case, cleanliness and organization (or executive function or whatnot) have no relationship to each other.

Seconded, except that these days I'm much more organized, though I can't take credit for it. I married an OCD woman whose home looked like a museum, and we worked to find some middle ground.

It was pretty fun when we started staying at each others' apartments and were both afraid to touch anything, though for completely different reasons.