Hi everyone~

I have recently found this forum and in reading your posts, have been doing a lot of thinking about DS's strengths and weaknesses.

If you have a dyslexic child, how are they impacted? Just curious because as I think about DS's reading skills, there are some areas where he is stronger than others. He is not uniformly struggling with all reading-related tasks. Wondering if this is typical and what others have experienced.

For example. DS has wonderful comprehension when read to. He has always done well with sight words. This year he is doing well with second grade word study, where he can memorize individual words, and read/spell them. He has always known letter sounds and could easily rhyme sounds and words.

The part he really struggles with is fluency. Like reading a string of words or longer passage. Even if it is "easy" sight words he knows. He also struggles with decoding, not so much of a single word, but in a sentence or passage.

I'm just curious if this sounds familiar to other parents with Dyslexic children? Thank you for reading.