Originally Posted by Dude
Well, it looks like our next step will be the enlistment of a professional psychologist who deals with gifted issues... because our little angel's psychological health has deteriorated to the point where the simplest little everyday setbacks are making her want to hurt herself and wish herself dead. She literally cried over spilled milk yesterday afternoon, loud and long.

She was such a happy, well-adjusted kid when she was homeschooling.

So, this is what landed us where we are right now, which, I think you know is...HOMESCHOOLING! lol!!! In our case, I went to the testing page on Hoagies and luckily there is one fairly close and a woman AND is familiar with 2e, used to consult for our school district, is pretty famliar with all our school choices, etc. Let me tell you, she has been worth EVERY PENNY and we don't even have the formal evaluation and recommendation yet. I am somewhat woried about what she is going to say Butter's needs are, but I know I won't be able to ask another prospective school if they will be able to meet them unless we know what they are.

That's my 2cents...let the kid come home if you can and you are all ok with that.

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...