Originally Posted by La Texican
Transforming the Difficult Child Workbook
an interactive guide to the nurtured heart approach.
Those who are intense are often more sensitive. �But children who are more sensitive, more intense, and more needy are in a compromised position. �Just by way of experiencing their intensity, and the truth of how people respond to their actions, they can easily form the misguided impression that they are more interesting and celebrated by way of poor choices, and there is so much more relationships and energy flowing when things are going wrong than when things are going right. �Children need to feel strong on the inside so that they can discern the positive from the negative and make wise choices, even in the face of negative outside influences. �
Originally Posted by .
end quote
This book has been waiting on my reading list. �Your last post made me mad at how anti-human people can be. �I support your decision to find therapist. �What kind are you thinking about. �I've been window shopping and so far I've noticed there's something called a positive psychology that doesn't just relieve suffering it adds happiness. �And I've noticed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (which I also need to get my cousin's book to borrow because that's also on my reading list. )

Thanks Val for outlining the necessary advocacy process. � � �Paper trail. �Keep repeating it so I'll remember. �Thank you.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar