Originally Posted by acs
I have to think that you were a least a little bit suspicious that he was HG+ or else you wouldn't have been hanging out on this board for the last 6 weeks. I imagine that a lot of parents of MG kids check in here, maybe read some stuff (I hope it's helpful), but then move on because our stories and experiences don't feel like "home" in the same way they do for parents in the HG+ category. So I think that somewhere in your mom's instinct you knew something was up.

Perhaps deep down I might have suspected he was more gifted, but really, I was thinking he would be in the 130's somewhere. Honestly! He isn't like some of the kids I read about here who seemed so amazing, probably the ones i'm thinking about were more math-minded. But obviously, what do i know! Even knowing that DH and I were both in gifted programs as kids (what they had, anyway) didn't mean much to me, since neither of us considered ourselves gifted.

I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience not early entrancing your son. I hope our year is as fun as yours. (hmmm. shipping off to grandparents; sounds like a plan!) For me, hearing the advice to keep him out of kindy was like a weight off my shoulders. I really thought that would be our best option (thinking that he wasn't all that gifted). But I think it would have been disastrous.