Well FLVS has two different parts. There is K-8th(??) grade that is contracted with Connections Academy (not sure what grade it actually ends). I have no idea how they deal with acceleration. I do know that my particular county virtual school coordinator says that you have the ability to place your child in the appropriate level for each subject (because I was inquiring about it once)...how that really works out I don't know, do they placement test or take your word for it or do they just give lip service and place you according to age anyway?

My son is taking a middle school class not from Connections part but from the FLVS program that goes 6th-12th grade and doing fine...but he isn't PG. It is nice because you go at your own rate/pace. Some people say virtual classes have a lot of busy work. His class has the meat of the lesson (reading, listening, and sometimes some little flash activities), a practice worksheet (which is ungraded so I feel like a PG kid could just glance at that and skip it if he/she didn't feel like they needed the practice), and then an assessment or two. My son's class is a foreign language so some of the little assessments are written and some are recordings of him speaking the language. Some lessons have one assessment and some harder lessons have had up to 4 assessments (they aren't long).

When we were still in summer he was flying through the class. He had to go back to school and he hit harder concepts in the class and he has slowed down.

I think it has been a positive experience.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary