Well it doesn't say FL allows, it but they do, sort of. Here is how it works. There is a "Tim Tebow" provision that says homeschool students can participate in after school activities. If those activities also require a class, then the school has to allow the student to take the class and participate. For example, marching band after school also requires an in school class. FBLA requires a business class, etc. Also, an ESE student who is homeschooled and needs therapies or other services is allowed to come to school and get speech or OT or whatever they need.

So then you start asking if this is allowed then what about other part time situations. What I was told was that each county had to address this in their Pupil Progression Plan that they register with the state. And as long as there was nothing in the PPP that disallows anything beyond what I listed above, then you can attend part time.

Also, FL has the big FLVS (virtual school) and many kids take a combination of FLVS classes and in school classes.

When my son was part time, there were a few things he didn't qualify for because he didn't generate FTE funds...like he was considered "adult lunch price" because he wasn't a student and couldn't get a student ID...this only mattered once or twice during the whole year so it wasn't a big deal because he was eating lunch at home before he went to school. And a few other odd things.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary