Originally Posted by remalew
Also, we are very, very fortunate to have a teacher who gives the students a ton of choice -- they probably had 50 different possible projects to choose from for this block -- with the capper being - If you don't like any of these you can suggest your own. My son would not want to do a diorama either.

we had this option too,50+ choices or make up your own. he chose to do a diorama and did it in a creative way,not traditonal diorama style. he just couldn't be bothered with it all. Maybe he could do something elaborate in Minecraft and take screen shots - i wonder if she would go for that? He would LOVE that! I will talk to her about something like that for a future project!

[quote]

As for the "why" question. I got that all the time when he wasn't challenged enough. But we're grade accelerated one year and subject accelerated 3 or 4 more years on top and those questions have mostly stopped. ...<SNIPPED>... He's not working hard at it, but that's okay, because he's working his butt off in other areas.

Well, he is grade accelerated and has a 3 yr subject acceleration for math. Nothing has ever been hard. For him "hard" means taking more than 5 minutes to do HW, then it's "OMG I have SOOOO much work to do!" that's why I worry. I don't know if an additional grade skip would help, then there would just be more work, no?