Thanks, I never thought about getting her a laptop to take to school to work on.

Unfortunately, DH spoke to the teacher yesterday and the teacher says that a lot of the girls are finding the math to be easy review and that things will get harder by mid-November. When DH pointed out that he'd looked through the entire book and it was virtually all what she'd learned last year, she said if DD still felt unchallenged by the end of November we could talk again.

I did just find out, though, that DD's new school has no record of her IQ and Achievement scores. This might explain the "we have lots of smart kids" comments. Even though I believe that her new school has more peers for her, they can't have "lots" at the 99.9th percentile. Now I just have to decide if we give them the scores right away or wait until the conference at the beginning of November.

Until then, I've gone to the library and found some books on Algebra that seem to have good explanations of algebra concepts with just a few questions per topic. Even though it doesn't improve her school situation any (might eventually make it worse), afterschooling may just have to work for now.

She thought she could, so she did.