Thank you all so much for your responses!

I have not considered grade acceleration but have considered subject acceleration. I like the idea of asking if kids with similar MAP scores could be grouped together. I also really appreciate the insight as to how to approach the teacher. Kcob I will use those suggestions next week during the conference. Thank you!

I tend to be a bit shy so I feel a little uncomfortable when I am forced to speak up but I know I have to do it for my son. And I do want the teacher to know I am working with her and will help however I can.

Oh and frannieandejsmom I feel your pain. My son also had a Math MAP score of 190 at the beginning of kindergarten last year. It only went up to 194 by the end of the year. I believe because he did not do any math at his level last year. I think he learned more over the summer doing his own thing which is why I think there was a jump from spring to fall of this year. I might be wrong but that seems logical. Sorry, I hope it turns out better for your ds. It sure is frustrating!