morgans-mommy,

I will say from my own experience as a gifted ADHD adult, that your child's future is bright. She will probably need coaching in terms of organizing herself and her project work, and breaking big tasks down into more manageable chunks. If she's overwhelmed by homework but absorbs concepts quickly from a smaller set of practice problems (likely if she's gifted), you can probably get an accommodation in her IEP to require completion of a subset of homework problems instead of all of them. You might be able to get longer completion times for classroom tests (though I will say that wasn't necessary for me, and wouldn't have helped).

I'm sure there are lots of great books out there that I haven't seen in the last few years, but if you want some valuable perspectives on ADHD and how it impacts a person, Hallowell and Ratey's "Driven to Distraction" is an excellent place to start.

A useful book for you at some point might be "Different Minds", though it's pretty dense and scientific. The main point it makes is that twice-exceptional kids are quite different. A highly gifted ADHD kid doesn't fit exactly the same profile as a non-gifted ADHD kid, or a non-ADHD highly gifted kid. So be aware that the books you read, or the experts you talk to that are focused on just one or the other exceptionality, may describe a profile that's not quite spot-on for your child.