Sorry I'm just now responding...our family has been down with the most recent stomach ick going around. sick

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement! I've considered the homeschooling idea, but I'm not sure it would work for us (I taught secondary English before deciding to stay home with my kiddos). Although I actually do quite a bit of informal teaching with him on all sorts of topics, I don't know if he could/would accept me as full time teacher in addition to mommy.

Our oldest son has ADHD and has benefited greatly from meds in the past. We're definitely keeping an eye on younger DS's behavior for signs of ADHD, but my gut is telling me his acting out in the classroom is largely boredom-related.

My DH and I are meeting with his teacher on the 13th to talk to his teacher about everything. I'm thinking I'll put together a brief "portfolio" of things he's working on at home, just to give her an idea of what he's capable of doing. I truly hope she'll be open to exploring options with us.

On a side note, I bought Genius Denied yesterday and I've already devoured half of it. Quite an eye-opener to say the least!