I got through the engineering weed-out classes before my grades started really getting shredded. Math didn't really hurt me until differential equations. I never did get around to actually trying to understand them.

Eventually I started throwing out C's and D's. Some classes I actually gave up on and just failed. In hindsight, I should have developed some sort of study skills and organization. Also, attending class on a regular basis and doing homework would have been a plus.

My grades in college actually follow an excellent descending linear slope. Starting out with a 3.75 and ending with 1.75 (on a semester by semester basis - not cumulative).

At the time, I noticed that people seemed most concerned with grades in your major or grades in your last two years, which were actually my worst grades. I guess for most people, they are the best grades.

Although, I also wasn't sure what I was doing in college, having actually no desire to be there. At the time, I was just doing what my parents instructed me to do.