I tried coming up with a more informative post title but I couldn't. Sorry wink

My ds11 was diagnosed with adhd-in back in 2008. He's in 5th grade this year and a quick chat with his teacher sent me into a spiral of worry. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before but....
My ds has horrendous organizational skills. He hasn't brought home his homework at all this year. His desk is a disaster. His room is a disaster. His backpack has a pb&j sandwich in it that should be carried away by a hazmat team. He isn't going to survive in middle school. He can barely brush his teeth without me directing him to the bathroom and then staying in front of the door to make sure he doesn't leave again. He has lots of tantrums where he'll kick the doors and be loud. My husband had to clean his room for him by removing almost everything from the room, yet ds is still talented enough to make a disaster wink

We are going to start seeing a therapist next week but they already have him pegged as having some sort of disruptive behavior disorder. I'm not sure that's accurate. Could having a high working memory but low (relatively) processing speed be to blame? Or am I just trying to avoid a somewhat negative sounding diagnosis frown