Grinity:

The vision therapy is going much better. DD has done quite some progress, and sundenly, she can count in several languages, starts doing simple adition in her head, starts to recognice more and more letters....

That's the up-side.

The down side is that the therapy is 'home-made' by me with no guidance of any behavioral optometrist. I use my own experience with eye exercises, plus things I have found in the web, plus lots of common sense. I took DD to a regular oftalmologist and she told me that DD's eyes are perfect and she does not need glasses, eye patches or exercises. However, I have the strong feeling that for regular oftalomologist, eye coordination and eye movement that is nominally ok = perfect ok, so I will continue doing more eye exercises for a few more months.

I just have to find a way to motivate DD... These last two months I used little surprises (mini-presents) but now this doe not seem to be enough...

Incogneato:
I already asked that question, although I think I should ask again at the end of the year. Right now, DD is not ready. With the vision problems, multilinngualism and quite some underachievement, DD is not ready, academically speaking, to go to next group. I reckon that she will be at the end of the school year.

Should I say that to the teacher, or should I wait that DD is ready before making any 'noise' about acceleration?

About underachievement, I suspect that Mrs Teacher is contributing to it and I want to find out. I suspect that DD is being told too often that things are too difficult for her, like for example puzzles.