Well to our complete shock, we finally heard back from the school regarding DS6 almost 7 psychoeducational eval that we sent to the school, and they want DS to start 2nd grade on the August 22nd.

He just had a really bad experience at science camp with older (entering 2nd, 3rd, 4th graders). He is now scared of being with older kids. DS needs more acceleration in every subject and another 2 years more for math. So how can I easy him and prepare him for this grade skip. I know when I tell him that it went through he is going to get worried and I can already anticipate there will be problems the first few months as he adapts and make new friends again.

I was so worried and sad at how bad camp was this week for him last night that I was not going to push for grade skip at the meeting we requested based on the eval, but there was no meeting just a phone call that he would enter 2nd grade and everyone would meet a couple day after school starts to make his IEP and make sure all his need are met, include SPD, further math acceleration, etc. DH got the call and when he told me I was shocked.

Please provide me with all the advise you can in making this a positive transition for DS, I am happy that the school finally sees his unique needs and so worried at the same time and how he is going to respond.

DS tends to keep feeling to himself, because they can be too overwhelming for him but he then starts to act out very bad in frustration. At camp he kicked over one of the groups project and damaged it. I talked to him how damaging others things that they worked hard to build was wrong, unkind and most definitely would not help him make friends. But I worry that his impulsiveness can be at times too strong. He has problems at the beginning of K adapting as well. He is more of an extrovert but new environments can be challenging for him.

I don't know what I would do without this forum. It is hard not having anyone to talk to and get advise from. But here there are many who have been through these experiences to gain wisdom and prespective from. Thank you!