My DC skipped 3rd last yr. and went into 4th. it was such a smooth transition, it was awesome. No problems what so ever, socially, emotionally, academically. One skip was not enough, but DC is no longer saying school is for babies and that two year olds can do what they teach. DC is happy so for now, we are not doing anything. In fact, the school finally came to me and told me they will be offering additional things for my child because they see a need for it. DC is already in the AT program, but that is not enough time per week. As long as DC is happy, we are content. Once we see a change back to the way it was, then it's time to step up and make some more changes. We will be doing accelerated math within the class as well, so we can't complain. I have been so pleased with the skip that I would never second guess our decision!!! DC blended right in with the rest of the kids... in fact, some kids still haven't figured out that DC is from a younger grade. Those that have, have totally accepted DC as an equal. I still have people who just realized DC was skipped and I still get questioned, but most people accept it. As the PP mentioned, it did cause a lot of hoopla initially since it had never been done before, but I kept the same answer with everyone and just pretty much said it was a mutual decision and I was asked not to discuss the specifics of it by the school and most people let it go. Now it doesn't matter, most don't ask the how, just WOW! I had no idea!!