If she's a meticulous child, not subject to impulsivity, she'll likely do extremely well on either test. I think for the long haul, she'll get more mileage in waiting for the WISC, as many educators tend to poo-poo the WPPSI, as a "preschool test" (which it is of course, but I'm not sure the results on either at roughly 6 aren't entirely comparable).
"
At 6, I would NOT take the WPPSI, though it can be used up to age 7. For bright kids, age 6 should open the door for the WISC.

The WPPSI might be more engaging and play like, but it also might be more degrading to an intellectual 5 year old. There are pros and cons for each test, but I personally would rather wait until 6 and take the WISC.
"

Hi Dotti

I read some of old post and then I found this posted by you a while ago.

I was wondering by WPPSI too

My son took WPPSI-III(provied by school) when he just tured 5,
the test did not go well because he has speech delay.
He is very mathy boy, he strated doing long division and algebra at 4 years old..and he is 5 and 1/2 now, he finish most of primary math, sometimes he figure out high school math problem. Last night he figured out cube root of 12167 in his head

WPPSI test show he has good abstract thinking skill(probably arroud 140) but did not test his number skill and memory ..which he is really good when it comes to numbers.

So I wonder, WPPSI can tell the real IQ of kid?? especially mathmatical gifted child??Shall I get him test again?
I feel the test result did not show his real ability.

He will be in grade 1 soon, I wonder even the GT class teacher won't understand his ability in math, I don't know what to do with my son, I feel like he will learning nothing in school about math.

Thanks!