Originally Posted by La Texican
I made a blog entry last year. Can I cut and paste it into the wiki? It's mine. Or Are you not supposed to?

You can post your own created content to the wiki. It doesn't matter that you posted it previously on your blog. As the creator you own the copyright rights and can donate the text to the wiki. Posting someone else's blog text wouldn't necessarily be okay; in that situation the best thing would be to paraphrase the ideas in the post, add links to the wiki entry for those ideas to major sources, link to the blog post if you think it's highly important and contains a good discussion of the topic, etc.

I think you should create a page named "Carol S. Dweck". I think it's best to create pages named with the full name of the person but without credentials, since credentials can change. (I broke this rule by putting "Ph.D." in the page title of the Deborah Ruf entry, but will fix it soon.)

After you create the page named "Carol S. Dweck", create a page named "Carol Dweck" to redirect to it. The only text in that page will be:
#REDIRECT [[Carol S. Dweck]]

Then any time someone searches for or links to "Carol Dweck" in the wiki, they'll go to the main Carol S. Dweck page.

I know that it is confusing at first. I am beginning to put some pages in to help new editors. Here's the first big one:
http://www.giftedwiki.org/index.php?title=Help:Page_Samples:General

ETA: I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote the post above about learning styles. I think the term "learning style" could have its own page and that would be a great addition, especially with a link to a page on visual spatial learning etc. as a major example. I just don't think it's valuable to add a page on every learning style that's been alleged by someone eager to add to the literature, especially with the recent questioning as to whether learning styles research is sound.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick