Originally Posted by Lori H.
He can write legibly because writing doesn't take as much strength as cutting but his writing is slow and he has pain in his hands if he writes very long.

If more teachers would let him use his iPhone for taking notes and answering essay questions and let him leave the class to take pain meds when he needs them or stretch to relieve the pain from the scoliosis, I would feel better about putting him in more classes. My son is doing the best he can to deal with all of this. When he was little, clothing tags and socks bothered him and now he lives with pain and it makes me so mad that some teachers just expect him to color in the lines exactly like everyone else without any accommodations.

If teachers, even private school teachers, are refusing your son necessary and reasonable accommodations for his disability, they are almost certainly in violation of the ADA and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.

From this page :

Q. Does the ADA affect private schools?

A. Yes, Title III of the ADA prohibits discrimination by public accommodations. They must eliminate unnecessary eligibility standards that deny access to individuals with disabilities, make reasonable modifications in policies practices and procedures that deny access to individuals with disabilities unless a fundamental alteration in the nature of the program would result and furnish auxiliary aids such as interpreters notetakers or readers when necessary to ensure effective communication unless an undue burden or fundamental alteration would result.