Originally Posted by La Texican
PtP, tks for sharing. Do you know a page that explains or could you explain what the scholarship issue is? Is it just that most scholarships are looking for freshmen and the freshman has to be eighteen?

Freshman do not need to be 18. It is not common for gifted students to enter college early. You can be a freshman at different ages and still get scholarships.

Many high schools students, including homeschoolers, earn dual enrollment credits. These are college credits earned while in high school. The student has not yet graduated high school. So, generally, when they enter college they will enter as a freshman rather than as a transfer students. This means they have the maximum eligibility for scholarships.

So, I'm just saying there is nothing to worry about. When he's ready for college classes he can take them and it won't hurt his possibility of getting scholarships later (and may well help it). I don't think though from what Lori has posted that he's at this point though. If he needs mom to be a notetaker for a homeschool co-op class he's still got a ways to go to either being independent or have formal accommodations in place. I certainly agree though as needed he should seek out college level material as he's ready for it.