I'm relatively new to this, and not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. But, I'll humor myself and attempt to answer your post. The real experts will be along soon I'm sure to offer their more experienced views. smile

It seems like you have two levels of gifted (LOG) going on. (This is just based on scores, and nothing else.)

I would think the older child's LOG will be a little easier to address in public school than your younger. Most gifted schools cut off at 130, and he is past that, but maybe not as far past to require more acceleration.

How is he doing in math? Is he bored? From the WJ-III alone, it seems that differentiation would be a good place to start. I don't know that I would push for subject acceleration at this point unless you feel he isn't being adequately challenged with just differentiation.

So, IMO, try the gifted program at his grade level and see how it goes.

Your younger may present more of a challenge. smile

He's almost a full standard deviation above the gifted cut off, so I would imagine he may need more than just the gifted class.

If it were my child, it almost is,(mine is a year younger, 140 on the SB-V) I would consider a grade skip. I understand not wanting to get him to close to his brother. I'm not sure how families deal with that. (My GT DS is the oldest, so I don't need to worry about him passing anyone.) I also understand the competitive school situation, but if he isn't adequately challenged, you run the risk of underachievement, and then you are no better off. (That's not to say that will definitely happen, of course he could sail through school marvelously with his age mates, make valedictorian, and be on his way to Princeton.) I would at least push for acceleration in Math. If he was in K, and doing 2nd grade math, he for sure needs more. 165 is wicked high.

Welcome to the group!

I can spell, I just can't type on my iPad.