Hi everyone...love the stories!!! They have helped me remember what I did with my older daughter. My eldest also tried to include kids her own age into the stories but they were unable to to follow it all.... She also seemed to work a lot of stuff out through the dynamics of everyone. She and I discussed them a few years ago when as I was learning about gifted stuff. It was an interesting discussion as I had not heard anything about them for awhile, but I think she still had some of them around even as old as 11-12. I definitely am into supporting what ever developmental significance these entities provide.... I am trying to evade some of the problems I had with my older DD. I think I am not the best at saying, "No" so... was trying to come up with some rules that could be implemented in the infrastructure of the imaginary world.... something along the line when out in public everyone fits in a pocket. I remember one time with the older DD waiting for a table for three and the negotiations that followed as she wanted a table for ten...She was not much of a tantrum one, but the younger one is... I dread the scenes that could evolve....

On an interesting note...Both DD's started with a black cat. DD2.9 has started talking about the family relationships between the characters and it really is not unlike DD13's when she was little... So is that parenting or is that genetics? I have been pretty silent about it all so it is not like DD2.9 has been picking up information. With the age gap I am quite different and circumstances are quite different for them both.

Has anyone had the opportunity to see another child, not their own, immersed in this kind of play? In some ways its not much different than giving a variety of roles to stuffed animals/barbies etc. Yet there is a difference that's hard to describe. It is a completely self generated inner projection that is being concretized. There is a sense of depth I would assume being revealed since there is no outside vehicle (such as a stuffed animal etc.) from which to influence the direction of the imagination. It does seem that circumstances influence the play to a certain degree, but the interactions and or resolutions are self-generated.