Currently, my parents look after my son, but they need a bit of a break, as they have a lot going on right now and my son needs to socialize with other kids (he's an only child). He has finally come up on the waiting list for a part-time spot at one of the only daycares in our area that I would even consider sending him, but I've learned that they divide the kids into groups accoring to age and his group will consist manily of 2-year-olds.
We have not gotten any formal assessment done or anything yet, but I KNOW that he is at least extremely bright for his age. I'm concerned that this grouping with younger kids is gonna turn him from the whole daycare environment, as he's probably not gonna be pleased with having to play with 'babies'.
We have a short orientation session at the daycare this evening and I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Space is very limited and I worry that the next age group doesn't/won't have any spots available for him, even if the owner sees that he needs to be around the older kids. Should I bring it up to her, or see how it goes for a couple of weeks/months? I don't wanna waste his time or my money on something that's not right for him, but then I also think that maybe any socialization is better than none. Has anyone encountered this before? I NEED HELP! Thanks!