Hi all,

This is my first post in these forums. I just got back my sons results today. I've been trying to make sense of them for a few hours and I'm at a loss (note, I'm 9 months pregnant and my brain generally turns to mashed potatoes during pregnancy!). I would grately appreciate any insight into what we have going on here...I realize he isn't off the charts, but there is some scatter in my opinion. I'm going to give you every single score because I have no idea which ones are important (scaled sum vs. composite, etc). Here goes!

Scale Sum of Scaled scores Composite Percentile 95%
VCI 38 114 82 106-120
PRI 40 121 92 112-127
WMI 27 120 91 111-126
PSI 22 106 66 96-114
FSIQ 127 120 91 114-124

VCI Raw Score Scaled Score Percentile
Similarities 24 15 95
Vocabulary 32 13 84
Comprehension 16 10 50
(Information) 13 10 50

PRI Raw Score Scaled Score Percentile
Block Design 26 11 63
Picture Concepts 14 10 50
Matrix Reasoning 29 19 99.9
(Picture Completion)17 9 37

WMI Raw Score Scaled Score Percentile
Digit Span 16 13 84
Letter Number Sequencing 18 14 91
(Arithmetic) 24 16 98

PSI Raw Score Scaled Score Percentile
Coding 34 10 50
Symbol Search 20 12 75

It was noted that he has a high score in working memory which is not often seen in children with ADHD. Which brings me to a little history, he has been dx with almost everything..take your pick. So far he has a depression, ADHD, temper dysregulation disorder, tourettes, aspergers, OCD, etc...Obviously, he has several issues that fit many criteria. He is doing well though on medication (risperdal and zoloft) and is stable...His issues do not affect his grades, although the end of second grade he was on a downward sprial (most grade issues were for incomplete assignments or not following directions on the assignment).

The WJ-III test is as follows:

Test Standard Score Grade Equivalent
Broad Reading 121 5.7
Broad Math 113 3.5
Broad Written Language 99 2.7

Basic Reading Skills 122 6.0
Reading Comp. 111 4.1

Math Calculation Skills 101 2.9
Math Reasoning 116 3.8
Brief Writing 100 2.8
Written Expression 103 3.1

Beery-Buktenica Developmental Test of Visual Motor Intergration

Standard Scores Percentiles Age Equivalents
Beery VMI 72 3 5yrs 11 mnths
Visual Perception 121 92 11 years 5 mths
Motor Coordingation 110 75 10 yrs 1 month

It was noted that he is seemingly two years behind his peers in handwriting and other necessary school tasks.

And not that it has to do with these tests, but the Aspergers scale was an 80 (high probable) and ADHD was 74 (markedly atypical, very significant).

I suspect dyslexia, although he was not tested for it. And more of the stealth dyslexia that I've read about as he didn't really have issues learning how to read (although he sometimes struggles with comprehension). What does the discrepency in the beery VMI and the other two point to?

His handwriting has always been an issue, although at times he can get by. He has a very hard time copying from the board, and you have to tell him a million times to do something. There are tons of other issues, just thought I'd throw those out there.

I am also posting this in the twice exceptional forum if thats okay (even though no LD were identified). I can give you more background on his behavioral/emotional issues if need be.

I'm sorry to be so ignorant about all of this...I really want to help my son in any way that I can, and I know part of that is understanding this and how to better help him.

I hope I'm making sense! Its past my bedtime...anyways, thank you all so much for any insight you can provide, your advice will be invaluable to me!