Originally Posted by perplexed
What is "mild" and what is "severe"? How do I know the problems that I perceive to be from the ADD will improve? I know there are no good answers to these questions...I just feel terrible putting him through all of the trial and error and unpleasantness of the wrong meds. At the same time, if it "fixes" all of our issues, it would be well worth it.

These are difficult moments. The medication merry-go-round is no fun at all. The good news is that the next drug us unlikely to be as bad as this one was. You won't really even have a real answer. I have the feeling that you can look sincerely into your child's eye and say - 'everyone is different, that's why they make so many medicines to do the same thing - let's try again and see what happens.' If you can do that, then you can try again. If you can't, then you sit down a make a contract with your child about what else to try.

We run around the house saying 'N of 1!' all the time here. How can anyone know anything when it's an 'N of 1' situation?

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com