Yes, this describes our situation to a T. They refer to the DEP as belonging to my child, but it is actually one document that applies to the whole "cluster" of G/T kids for that grade. The parents have no input whatsoever. It's just a curriculum for reading and math as taught in the G/T pull out. Ours also includes some "enrichment" done in the general ed classroom, which I take to mean different worksheets for the G/T kids (each grade level has a G/T "cluster group"--they put the G/T students all in one class, then add in other, non-G/T kids as well, I guess so they don't get accused of "tracking").

I was just curious if some schools create individualized G/T plans for individual students. Say, for example, that my child is in second grade but able to do 9th grade math, while the other G/T second graders are doing more like 4th grade math. Does my son get his own math "plan" for G/T so he can work at his 9th grade level, or does he just have to work at the same level as all the other kids in his G/T pull out?

I am not convinced that our G/T program is of any real value. There's nothing going on that couldn't be covered by the general ed classroom teacher, if she just did a better job differentiating instruction.