Originally Posted by DeeDee
If you think your kid has the right to reach their educational potential, please consider seriously the possibility that everyone's kid has that right.
DeeDee
I don't think that there is a single poster on this forum who believes that their child has a 'right' for the school to provide them with the opportunity to 'reach their educational potential.'

Most of the kids here are never going to reach their educational potential and no one would want them too! It's a scary thing. What I see here is parents wanting schools to put their child where the child will have a chance to learn in their 'readiness to learn zone' and learn good work ethic. In other words, don't force my kid to sit in a classroom where there is no chance of learning something new because she is X years old.

(And yes, I do want that for every child.)

Let's take all the 'preconceived notions off' what children a X age, or what children with X label are supposed to be able to learn, and develop tools and methods to see exactly where each child's readiness to learn level is - such as the MAP test is attempting. And then let's use that information for placement, with supports as needed, in as efficient a manner as possible.

Make sense?
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com