I wanted to throw this out there and see what you guys think. I haven't said anything to DD4 about not going to Montessori K class next year because I wanted to wait until I had made a decision as to where I'd be placing her. (see "Just starting out...") I didn't see any reason to cause her anxiety about changing schools and possibly confuse her. I figured as soon as I know where she's going, I'll take her there and get her excited about that environment.

The problem is that DD told my husband a couple of days ago that she was not going to K next year; but instead would be in the preschool mornings and attending "enrichment" (child care) in the afternoons. When he asked her why she said that, she responded that "teacher 1" and "teacher 2" had told her and they said she's not ready for K.

Inside I'm fuming, but I don't know whether to say anything now or wait until the end of the year and let the coordinator know why she's not returning. I don't want her to be treated differently by her teachers because her mom complained to their boss and I don't want any tension when DH or I are in the classroom. On the other hand, I want to avoid these teachers taking it upon themselves to let my daughter know how they think I'm going to handle her education.

I don't think it was done maliciously, but I do think it was poor judgment on their part and presumptuous of them. I believe that since I wasn't argumentative or trying to beg them into letting DD into K next year at the conference, they mistook my tone for agreement. I just felt that if they thought she wouldn't be a "good fit" for their K program they're probably right, and I would find a better fit for her. I didn't feel it necessary to oppose their opinions.

What do you think? Say something now or wait??