Okay, I've been reading these posts and now I'm wondering about my 6 year old daughter's chances of getting into NEST + m for the 1st grade; which is my wife and I's first choice (Anderson is second). My daughter got a perfect score on the OLSAT and Bracken sections, and of course scored in the 99th percentile because of that. My little honey's a very smart girl, but I fell off my sofa when I opened the pdf file with her results (holy christmas, she got them all right...it was 4:45 am on April 26th, and I cheered loudly in my apartment, and then controlled myself when I realized everyone else in my neighborhood was still sleeping...I drove to do the laundry, after taping a copy of ny daughter's score to my bedroom door, and called my wife at 7:30, and said, "Honey, go look at the door..." My wife screamed and we celebrated all day long...). So now, after all this excitement, and all this wonderful news, and dreams about my daughter's future presidential run at the age of 35, well, now I'm wondering. Does anyone have a good idea about the selection process beyond scores? I know that having a sibling in a school of choice gives you precedence over other kids (my youngest son just turned four, and he's on par with his big sister smartswise, though at some things, like vocabulary, and logic, he's measurable better), and if my daughter gets in, she'll drag her little brother right along with her if he scores in the 97th percentile; but what are my daughter's chances at our first choice school? Is the selection into first grade for Citywide based first on scores? Or is there someo other conspiratorial criteria? Any enlightenment would be helpful...thanks.

Last edited by Exegesis68; 05/02/11 06:51 AM.