So, out of curiosity I plugged dd10 in at a 10 y/o although she is 10.5. She needed some help at the beginning as to what they were asking her to do in that the instructions were in Spanish and then she wanted to know if she was getting paid to do this -- lol!

For comparison sake, she has ADD and is a highly erratic tester but has taken the WISC-IV twice (at 7 and 8). Her matrix reasoning scores were 14 and 12 respectively and she got 54/60 on this which it said is the 95th percentile and then an IQ of 136. I'm not sure how they work that unless they're using a SD of greater than 15.

I wouldn't put a ton of stock in my kiddo's scores and how they correlate with a real IQ test, though, given that her PRI scores went from the 99th percentile on test #1 to the 75th on test #2. She's just not consistent at all. Her VCI scores stayed more consistently very high.

eta: re Dottie's musings about kids with attentional issues and this long of a test, she did get up a couple of times and then come back to it to inquire again about what she would get from doing this. I told her that I was trying to figure out if it worked and she then wanted to know if people who spoke Spanish were given all of the right answers in the Spanish instructions and how that wouldn't make any sense... Basically, we had a lot of side conversations going with her then getting back to the screen. I'm not sure if she'd do as well without someone willing to humor her and carry on conversations about other things during the testing.

Last edited by Cricket2; 05/01/11 07:48 AM.