Hi Everyone,

My daughter, who is 6 years old and in first grade, just went through the testing program here in PA, and they have decided she is not gifted. This is a huge surprise to me, and reading through the report it seems that although every other source identified her as gifted, her WISC IV score was not high enough for admission to the program. Here are the scores:

CogAT (Aptitude/Ability): Verbal 124, Quantitative 150 (she actually didn't miss a single question in this section), Nonverbal 121, Composite 139 (above 99th percentile)

ITBS (Achievement): Level 1.7-1.9, Concepts Level 7 (98%), Reading Level 7 (99%)

Teacher evaluation scale: Highly Probability for Giftedness in all areas

WISC IV (Intelligence): Verbal 116 (86th percentile), Perceptual Reasoning 117 (87th percentile) On this section, picture concepts was 8, while the other two sections were each 15. GAI - 120 (91st percentile)

Additional info: She taught herself to read at age 4, her piano teacher said he has never had such a young student progress so quickly. We do not push her to study, have never prepped her for an exam or anything. If anything, we have sometimes tried to pull her back a little because she reads better than her older sister.

I don't know what to do. Most of the stuff I have found talks about kids getting low scores on CogAT but better on the WISC. Does anyone have any advice?? I would greatly appreciate and help.

Thanks!