I've been lurking around for a while and finally decided to post.
I am looking for some feedback on my sons test scores.
I had my son tested at 4.0 years old for various reasons. He has shown all the typical gifted behaviors since infancy. He began reading at 3 before he entered preschool. We were looking at a gifted preschool for him but decided to go with a montessori.
We were told at the time he was tested he may need to be retested due to hitting some ceilings. I didn't really see the point in that at the time. I mean we already know he's gifted. smile
Fast forward a few months, He is now reading easily on a second grade level does a lot of math in his head including some multiplication and division.
My biggest concern is his oversensitivity to absolutely everything!
He is frustrated very easily, has several meltdowns a day and serious difficulty getting himself to sleep at night.
I have gotten in touch with a counselor to help me in dealing with him and it was suggested these behaviors could be stemming from his high intelligence.
So I get in touch with someone who works specifically with gifted children and after looking at his assessment, it is again suggested he be tested on another scale. Specifically the Standford-Binet LM?
My question to all of you is, How important is it really to narrow down exactly where your child falls on the gifted scale? Has anyone done this and found a big discrepancy ? And do these scores seem to be consistent with some of the behaviors I've described?
I would really appreciate any input I can get.
Thanks.

Scores WPPSI-3 at 4.0

summary verbal-143
summary performance-140
summary processing speed-119
prorated full scale-146 (minus processing)

Verbal

Info-16
vocab-19
word reasoning-16
comprehension-17

Performance

Block design-15
Matrix-17
picture concepts-17

processing

Symbol search-15
coding-12