Hi Nemo - welcome! I'm afraid I don't really know much about the scores, but I can comment on a couple of your concerns. Over-excitabilities (OE's)and sensitivities are common in gifted kids. My DS6 still has clothing issues, but they've gotten better with time. He is also very headstrong and still has the occasional meltdown if he doesn't get his way or if he is disappointed about something. Did the counselors you spoke with suggest anything to deal with the tantrums and sleeping difficulties? Even if the issues do stem from giftedness, I would hope that they'd have some advice for dealing with the concerns you have.

My thought about testing is that you already have scores showing he is gifted. What would a different score telling you the level of giftedness show you at this point? If you need different scores for some sort of school programs, that would be something else.

I'm no testing expert, but I believe the Stanford Binet LM is not particularly useful these days. It is an old test. The SB-5 is the current SB test.

How does your son like school? Are the behaviors you are seeing occurring both at school and at home? Does he display the frustrations and meltdowns when he's being challenged with an activity he likes?

Sorry - I'm just getting more random as it gets past my bedtime. Just wanted to say welcome.