I realized lately that I have become very distracted by constantly trying to frame what I will say to my DDs' teachers.

Let me explain and maybe I can get some guidance: cool

DD9, scores in the 140's WISC IV, and 152 Verbal, needs a plan for next year. She is currently just doing a one day a week GT pull out in 3rd grade, the program is not very challenging, we won't do it next year. She goes to a Jewish school, it is a dual language curriculum (Hebrew), so the administration has said that it is already enriched. Well, she is bored, very bored. We are currently also doing an online class through the Northwestern U Gifted online links. She likes it.

DD5 scores at 146 FSIQ, WWPSI. She reads, does 1st grade math, etc. Plays Clue, Battleship, writes emails, instead of what other kids her age do, feels kind of lonely in school. You get the picture, as I am not alone here. She is going into K, same school, dual language, etc. No, the school isn't into skipping a grade. She might do the one day a week pull out program that our county provides.

They are both taking the achievement tests in Mid May, to see if they will qualify for DYS. That would really help us.

I am meeting with next years' teachers soon. It is a very small school, no doubt who they will be.

OK, so my questions are:
1) How do I talk to their next year's teachers? I think I want some subject acceleration for both of them, DD9 for language arts, DD5 for language arts and math? Do I talk about their scores, or do I mention just what they have achieved in terms of school work?

2) Do I give the teachers any articles about HG kids, or is that obnoxious? Do any of you have a handy file of good articles, or do I just refer to Davidson and Hoagies?

smirk
Thanks, I have tried in the past to describe what my kids need, but it hasn't gone well and teachers haven't "gotten" them. The dual language curriculum is nice and the mitzvah projects (charity projects) add a nice part to their day, but I am going to lose faith in the school if I can't find a way to accomodate these kids.
smirk