Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 217 guests, and 16 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    A
    A
    You have beautiful children, La Texican. Your son was so strong as a baby. Is that him in the third picture holding your daughter - he looks like such a proud big brother now.

I need to dig out pictures of my daughter from when she was a baby now. She was such a happy baby - she hardly ever stopped smiling. And she started posing for the camera from about 3 months old, if I remember correctly. Somehow, she figured out we were taking pictures of her. In those few times that she was ever upset, she would be screaming like crazy, and we would pull out the camera. She would stop look at the camera, give a huge smile and wait for it to click. Once we were done taking photos, she would start screaming at us again.

We figured this out because we wanted to take a picture to prove to people that she could actually get upset. Nobody ever believed us. We never did get a picture of her being upset.

asdgestalt.com - An autism and psychology discussion forum.
    H
    OP Offline
    H
    Originally Posted by Katelyn'sM om
    I agree with Skylersmommy. Our DD was very alert from birth and if you accept Dr. Ruf's LOG this implies HG+ no matter the gender.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't talking about alertness between boys vs girls.

I was talking about muscle tones. I was wondering if boy has better muscle tones than girls as La Texican has experienced.

Muscle tone is part of that 'alertness' everyone refers to: The strong neck muscles is a prime example. Pushing up from an early age, etc. All relate to muscle tone and my DD was one of those babies. So alert or muscle tone it doesn't tie to gender. (Of course I could be wrong! But nothing in any of the books I read mentioned a noticed difference between boys and girls.)

I think my diet was better, I rested more, I weighed less and excersized more with my first pregnancy. �I think that had more to do with it than their genders. �

Another possibility is that my son takes more from my gene pool and my daughter takes from her dad. �She has his hazel eyes; he has my brown. �And my genes are sturdier, stockier stock than his. �Hate to think that might be why he picked me. �:) cave-man

One thing I can see soon is if early alertness, the earliest milestones, indicate faster long term advanced development. �It's not a real study because it's just my two kids. �And it's not a real study because I don't keep good records. �It will just provide me with an intuitive opinion years after i've forgotten the details.
    She'll be a month old on the 27th. �She's already intentionally pulled my hair and tried to pull my hair more and missed a few times. �The first thing Wyatt pulled and kept trying to pulling was his grandmothers gold hoop earrings when she came to visit just after he was a month old. �So they're just different, different kids. �

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    H
    OP Offline
    H
    All these pictures make me want to have another one...

Last edited by HelloBaby; 10/25/10 11:46 AM.
    Originally Posted by HelloBaby
    Originally Posted by Katelyn'sM om
    I agree with Skylersmommy. Our DD was very alert from birth and if you accept Dr. Ruf's LOG this implies HG+ no matter the gender.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't talking about alertness between boys vs girls.

I was talking about muscle tones. I was wondering if boy has better muscle tones than girls as La Texican has experienced.

sorry my bad, I misunderstood smile

Hellobaby ain't that the truth. I think we're done with the two we got, but now I'm getting sentimental about that decision. Watching the way a newborn stretches and excercises her little limbs and the cuddles she makes on my shoulder makes me want to change my mind.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar
    Originally Posted by HelloBaby
    All these pictures make me want to have another one...

Ha! I'm the complete opposite. I love seeing the pictures but all this talk about infant alertness just makes me tired. laugh It doesn't have that I have way too much toddler alertness going on at the moment...

Mia Offline
    Well, if we're sharing pictures ... I *love* pictures!

My ds8 got a lot of "What an alert baby" comments ... I think it was the eyes that did it. This is ds8 at about 2.5 months old:

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b...w&current=Giraffe20closeup2010-2.jpg

And at about 10.5 months -- he's not supposed to be playing with those cords and he knows it!

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/wooingjuliet/?action=view&current=BenandTV105mo.jpg

And my almost-4-month-old ... we haven't gotten as many comments, but we don't get out much. laugh However, I think his newborn pics show a pretty alert kid. This one was taken when he was about 2 minutes old:

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/wooingjuliet/?action=view&current=IMG_52761.jpg

And this one is at 2 months:

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/wooingjuliet/?action=view&current=DSCN0900-1.jpg

Obviously, though, the jury is still out on if ds-4-months is gifted!

Of course, there was the day he read "1984" ...

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b74/wooingjuliet/?action=view&current=DSCN0933-1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help it!

Mia
    Awww .. Mia. Very cute family you have there. I love the last picture.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM