Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 187 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Word_Nerd93, jenjunpr, calicocat, Heidi_Hunter, Dilore
    11,421 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    #67102 01/27/10 06:37 AM
    F
    OP Offline
    F
    My 7yo grade2, who usually dislikes math, started this program at school a couple of weeks ago. http://www.borenson.com/

She loves it and even asked her teacher if she could take it home. Needless to say she has breezed through the first 2 program levels on her own and switched over to doing the problems on paper with out hands-on materials. Thank the Lord for good teachers!

It has been amazing to watch my non-math kid click in and get excited about Algebra, guess they just have to find their niche.

I would recommend this program to anyone who has not already crossed the Algebra bridge.

C
    C
    That's interesting, thanks for posting. I'd be interested in hearing more about how it is after the first few weeks, if you could get round to posting again some time? Or maybe someone else here has used it? Algebra is coming up for DS, and I've read several rave reviews of this programme, but I wonder whether it's mainly for the kinaesthetic learners and/or those who have some anti-maths feelings. Looking at the web page and the video lesson I rather think DS would find it patronising, but maybe that's more about the advertising than the programme?

(Background: DS is a mathy child who is already quite comfortable with the basic idea of letters standing for numbers and being manipulated in a way that stands for manipulations you can do without needing to know what the number is. I answer "yes" on his behalf to the "Can Your Child solve this equation" questions on that web page, although he might not get to the answers in the most efficient way, not having been taught a method as such, yet.)

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM