Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 305 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    C
    OP Offline
    C
    I didn't realize you were using the WISC-V table - sorry there!

I was under the impression that the extended norms would have been released by now given the timeframe mentioned by Pearson (see bottom of this post). I may actually end up consulting with DD's educational psychologist once the extended norms are released. If they do push her FSIQ upwards in any significant way (a big 'if,' I know), I would possibly be willing to see if she could participate in research on the subject.

Q: When will extended norms be available for the WISC–V?
    A: Extended norms are used by practitioners who are evaluating intellectually gifted children, to inform interpretation. Extended norms must be validated with a sample of children who are highly intellectually gifted, and that case collection takes some time because these children are rare. The validation sample is currently being collected. The WISC–V was released at the beginning of December, 2014, and the extended norms are planned for release approximately a year and a half after the initial release of the WISC–V. (source: http://www.pearsonassess.ca/content/dam/ani/clinicalassessments/ca/programs/pdfs/wisc-v-cdn-faqs.pdf)

Last edited by Corvidae; 07/29/16 11:41 AM. Reason: Delete question re: moderation of posts
    C
    OP Offline
    C
    Regarding the extended norms - perhaps searching this forum rather than Google would have been helpful! Here's a thread about the current data collection: http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....Extended_Norms_data_col.html#Post231489.

Thank you to those of you who responded in this thread!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM