Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 305 guests, and 13 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Grinity Offline OP
    OP Offline
    I have the kernel of an idea for a law, Federal or State level, I'm not sure. Basically I think that any child who is rated a good or excellent candidate for acceleration be given a 6 week trial in whole grade acceleration at the parents request, even if the school thinks it's a terrrible idea. I know very little about politics. Does anyone have experience or web or book references?

Interestingly, I don't, at this time, want a whole grade skip for my son, but knowing that it is availible as a least worst option would sure help me sleep at night! I also think that the culture of school would change for the better if Parents had the final say on this type of thing.

I would love if my child went to school with classmates of many different ages who were all learning at their challenge level. I know it would change his perspective about a whole grade skip for the better. (Basically, why should he have to be the guinea pig all alone? If Parents had their say - then a few parents could work together to send their kids up as a cluster!)

Please help - Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com
    K
    K
    spoke with someone from california ed- have you seen new report from templeton. google "nation decieved"- very long report but compelling stuff.

karen
    G
    G
    Trinity, I suggest calling your state reps/congresspersons and asking them the same question. Try to find someone sympathetic to gifted ed and get their advice about how the system works.

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM
    Jo Boaler and Gifted Students
    by thx1138 - 04/12/24 02:37 PM