Originally Posted by pinkpanther
The stomach ache thing actually started with headaches and then evolved into both. After several doctor visits and an MRI, the pediatrician concluded it's migraines, which can manifest themselves abdominally in kids. The funny thing is, she had NO symptoms over Christmas break.

Heart to Heart is just right! My best friend in HS, who I loved for his recitals of Monty Python skits, was also the class Validictorian, and had ulcers in high school as well. He said at the time it was because of all the pressure he put on himself. Look back I have to wonder if his perfectionism wasn't a result of years of being in a poor fit classroom and never having been taught at his 'readiness level.' Even though he has done well in life (I hear from my Mom) the price just seems so unnescessarily high! According to his mom, he would have liked to ask me out romantically, but didn't have the nerve...would elementary level experience with taking on tough challenges and overcoming them have given him the self esteem to do that? The world will never know.

So Pink - take heart! Your daughter is 'acting in' where my son used to 'act out' but the message is the same: "Help!" Please take this with the same seriousness of purpose you would if your DD were biting kids and throwing chairs - because her inner pain is the inner-directed eqivalent, ok? Her school really really needs to know about this, in all it's ugly details.

((hugs and pats))
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com