Originally Posted by incogneato
Sorry to hear what is going on with DD. Fighting the system is very complicated. Why don't you think in terms or working with them to solve the situation.
Any success I've had so far is with the: let's work together approach. For sure, I'm still in the middle of things, we're not out of the woods either.
Incog

Thanks, Incog! Yes, I definitely think the "work with" approach is the way to go. DH and I have decided that however we decide to handle it, we at least need to sit down with them and let them know about the info we have and how we feel. A good heart-to-heart is definitely in order. DD's teacher has been such a supporter that I have no doubt she's on our side. I have mixed feelings about getting my psych friend involved in something messy, but if he's willing, then okay.

The stomach ache thing actually started with headaches and then evolved into both. After several doctor visits and an MRI, the pediatrician concluded it's migraines, which can manifest themselves abdominally in kids. The funny thing is, she had NO symptoms over Christmas break.